Last Updated: November 15, 2014
WHAT WE COLLECT
We get information about you in a range of ways.
Information You Give Us. With your permission, we may collect personal information on your device including contact lists and details, calendars or messages, as well as your personal identifiable information such as your name, email, and phone number, in order to improve our service for you. With your authentication, we may also access profile and other information from services including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Google. We may collect information about your connections on social networks, but will not store them.
Etch will not provide your information to any third parties unless you grant us permission. Information collected from third parties is not stored by Etch other than being temporarily cached to improve your user experience.
Information We Get From Others. We may get information about you from other sources. We may add this to information we get from this Site and our application. The information we gather from other sources will all be public information that do not intrude your privacy in any ways.
Information Automatically Collected. We automatically log information about you and your computer. For example, when visiting our Site, we log your Internet Protocol address, the time you visited, time spent on the site, your activities on the site and possibly your location.
Cookies. We may log information using "cookies." Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive by a website. We may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our Site. This type of information is collected to make the Site more useful to you and to tailor the experience with us to meet your special interests and needs.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use the information we collect in the following ways:
· We use this information to operate, maintain, and improve our sites, products, and services.
· We use this information to identify who you are, and who your contacts are across different platforms.
· We use this information to help you understand how your contacts may help you.
· We use your personal information to send information including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
· We use your personal information to communicate about promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us and our selected partners.
· We use your personal information to link or combine user information with other personal information.
· We use your personal information to protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
· We use your personal information to provide and deliver products and services customers request.
SHARING AND PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take precautions to insure that your information is kept private. We use industry standard measures designed to secure your information from accidental loss and unauthorized access. We also restrict access to your information to our employees who may access it to perform their tasks. However, please note that we cannot guarantee the security of user account information. We may share personal information as follows:
· We may share personal information with your consent. For example, you may let us share personal information with others for their own marketing uses. Those uses will be subject to their privacy policies.
· We may share personal information for legal, protection, and safety purposes.
o We may share information to comply with laws.
o We may share information to respond to lawful requests and legal processes.
o We may share information in an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any person.
· We may share information with those who need it to do work for us.
INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
Our marketing emails tell you how to “opt-out.” If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your accounts and our business dealings with you.
You may send requests about personal information to our Contact Information below. You can request to change contact choices, opt-out of our sharing with others, and update your personal information.
You can typically remove and reject cookies from our Site with your browser settings. Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings. If you remove or reject our cookies, it could affect how our Site works for you.
2535 College Avenue
Berkeley, California 94704